Smith Warner International Limited (SWI) was contracted by the National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA) to develop a Management Strategy for beaches owned or leased by the Natural Resources Conservation Authority (NRCA). The project objectives are described as: The development of a Management Strategy which will guide the NRCA in its effective management of the beaches it is responsible for to enable income generation and provide suitable beaches for the use by the public.
This objective was subdivided as follows:
1. Development of an overall management strategy that will allow for the effective management of all the NRCA beaches;
2. Identification of the beach areas where development and enhancement will generate income;
3. Provision of management options for those identified areas where there is viable income earning potential;
4. Proposition of plans and designs for beach development that will enhance user experience; and
5. Development of cost estimates for implementation of the
proposed management options.